Summer is typically my least favorite season of the year. Not because of the weather, but because I generally don’t have much to do and I tend to work a lot. Well, Summer 2016 exceeding all of my expectations and beat every single summer of my 26 years of life.
- I LAUNCHED MY BLOG on July, 2016!!! YAY! #Summer2016
- Summer 2016 began on Monday, June 20. Three days prior I was boarding a plane for a two day trip to Miami, FL and then a four day cruise to the Bahamas. Talk about an amazing start to the summer. Take a cruise to an island if you haven’t already. You won’t regret it.
- I continued Summer 2016 my attending my very first blogger event. It was hosted by Black Bloggers United at Ballpark Village. I met a great group of ladies who shared of insight and inspiration to keep going with my blogging endeavors. Shoutout to my girl Ebbi Nicole for being the plug and connecting with everyone in the city of St. Louis. loShe put me on!
- Next, Summer 2016 led me to Beyonce’s World Tour. Now, as you all know, I saw Rihanna in concert earlier this year. Unfortunately for her, Beyonce overshadowed almost all memory of Rihanna’s concert. She put on the show of a lifetime and it was an experience that I will never forget. I would most definitely shove out a few extra coins to see Queen B again in concert.
- Last, but not least, Summer 2016 took me down to Atlanta, GA for an extended weekend with two of my closest friends. We used our time down there to reflect on where we’ve been in life and determine where we want to go. I think we all came home with not only a stronger will to find new jobs, but also a stronger determination to help each other stay focused and achieve our goals.
So, not only was Summer 2016 quite “lit.” It was also quite productive. Regarding my blog, I definitely think I gained some helpful tips and some great connections. Regarding my friends, I gained a new found respect for their grind and they motivated and inspired me to go harder for myself. And in regards to the next season of the year, it’s time to get Fall fly!
Be on the lookout for plenty of outfit posts throughout my favorite season and also a very special project that I can’t wait to share with you guys. It’s a surprise!